07 December 2005

Message to Anachronism

I could E-Mail this message, or send it over AIM, or even just call, but I won't; I'll use this public forum to convey it.

I avoid watching the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, because it generally pisses me off how they give the Democrats a "boys will be boys" treatment while treating all Republicans as untrustworthy, uncompassionate lunatics. Yesterday they reran the Monday night show, and I happened to be flipping through channels and saw that the "special" guest was former President Jimmy Carter, better known as government's worst failure of the twentieth century.

I've figured that the Colbert Report, the new show with Daily Show alumnus Stephen Colbert that takes the place of failed shows like Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn, and that show Adam Corolla did, was probably about the same. I caught a few minutes of it after the Daily Show was over, though, and I'll be damned if he didn't have a funny, bi-partisan jab about Christmas that was bold enough to say that "Merry Christmas" is still the best way to say Merry Christmas. He went as far as to respond to the politically correct treatment of Christmas semantics by the so-called civil rights groups by saying "Whoa, there, Reichsmarschall Tolerance!"

I know what you're saying, Anachronism. "Get to the point, Fly! I have finals to worry about!" Indeed you do, and here is the point: Colbert's "special guest" was none other than the woman who Anachronism has a full-sized carboard cut out and the unreleased Playboy pictorial of: Maureen Dowd.

Ohhhh! Snap!

UPDATE: Observe your favorite Super Fly in action.

The Fly: I just posted something for you on the blog.
Anachronism: ok
Anachronism: you sick, sick bastard
The Fly: :)
Anachronism: /me shudders
The Fly: Hahaha

And that, my friends, is how you put Anachronism in his place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home