22 December 2005

Wednesday

Curious about my day? Strap yourselves in for the thrill ride that is my life.

I got up at about 08:15, having stayed up 'til almost 23:30 watching the season finale of Nip/Tuck. It got too creeped out by what might have been coming (penile mutilation with a box cutter, and facial mutilation with a knife), so I went to bed. Once I was up, it was the same lazy routine I've gotten into: slowly getting ready for the day to Saved By the Bell, Spin City, King of the Hill, and MacGyver. I had errands to run in College City today, so I eventually got myself in gear and got gone.

My first stop was College City General Hospital. As I mentioned last week, Mrs. Augustus has been diagnosed with cancer. I spoke briefly with Professor Augustus on Monday, and he told me that she'd be up for a visit; I'd hoped to go last night, but by the time I got back from Metropolis, it was almost past visiting hours. I ran into a couple of friends from the Socratic Society in the lobby, and we went up together. Mrs. Augustus is in pretty rough shape, and she was fighting off sleep the entire time we were there; even so, and even with all the pain medication she's on, she was pretty coherent, though she wasn't speaking in a very loud voice. This is going to be a tough one for me to watch; she'd just been cured of a chronic ailment, and now she's got extremely serious cancer. That's not the way it's supposed to work.

Once I was done there, I went to pick up Katie (who comments on the blog), as we were slated to hang out. I picked her up at her place and wound up meeting, finally, a girl who has also commented on the blog once or twice, who writes for the campus newspaper. Once pleasantries were exchanged, Katie and I drove out to the local winery, which happens to be owned by my cousins. I picked up a bottle of wine, and back to College City we went to go have a late lunch. It should be noted that Katie has a boyfriend, and she and I have no romantic interest in each other. None. At all. At any rate, once lunch was concluded and I'd shuttled Katie back to her flat, I went back home and got ready for work.

Remember this post from last week? Well, my boss called me a couple of days ago when I was up in Metropolis to let me know that the company across the state whose keisters I saved by delivering their parcel when their vehicle broke down had sent us a massive goodie basket with fruit, cheeses, meats, et cetera. I wouldn't say that I attacked it upon arriving at work, but I've snagged a couple of goodies. That makes the whole thing a little bit more digestible.

So now, I'm here, sitting, waiting for my shift to be over. I've got an invite to go back to College City for movies and beer, and I'm going to go for it, though I probably won't drink heavily, and I probably will take what's left of my lunch in order to counter-balance the small amount of alcohol I'll consume.

Tomorrow, in addition to a Fly Report and working on an HTML cheat sheet for Father Time and M@, I think I'm going to do a sort of "Fly's Year In Review" post, and maybe work on some New Years resolutions. Stay tuned, folks.

Oh, and by the way: Ohhhhhhhh snap!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home