17 February 2006

Inexorably Linked

"It's still very difficult for me to have to rely. Your weakness, the blessing of your weakness is it forces you into friendships. The things that you lack, you look for in others, but there're times when you just become angry when you think: if only I could get to this place... Rage, there's a rage in me that I have to rely on others, actually, even though I'm very good at relying on others... But at the same time, it's uncomfortable sometimes. Think about that. Isn't that a frightening thing? You rely on your lover, you rely on your friends, and finally you have to rely on God if you want to become whole. But we don't like it. We do resent our lovers, especially the idea of relying on your friends to be whole. That means you're on your own, you're... that old Zen fucking idea. You're the one hand clapping."
- Bono, 2002

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great aгticle, totally ωhat I was lookіng for.


Μy ωeblog: altec bucket truck
My page :: utility bucket trucks

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home