12 March 2006

The Epic of Bo Pi: Chapter VII

Drosophilus
1 My beloved, you are a wonder to behold, from your crown to your feet. Your legs are more beautiful than the work of any artisan's hand.
2 Beautiful is your belly, white as the driven snow. Your waist is the perfect axis with which to unite the two halves of your entire beauty.
3 Your graceful movements exceed those of the fawn, of the mighty eagle, or a leaf on the wind.
4 Like a marble pinnacle is your lovely neck. Your eyes reveal your inner power, your capacity for greatness. Unique and lovely is your nose, distinct and beautiful.
5 Like a crown is your head, and your face is the finest ornament ever designed. I long to take in the aroma of your hair, to run my fingers through it as we embrace.
6 None is greater than you, adored one; none is more pleasing to behold. You intoxicate and overwhelm me!
7 You are perfect in stature, and all who behold you revel in your beauty.
8 I said, "Nothing will I not do, that you might know that my devotion to you is unfailing and true." The fragrance of your breath, the aroma of your soft skin, is the finest to breathe in,
9 and your lips are more brilliant than the finest gems.

Bo Pi
Drosophilus, flattering and without untruth are these things you say of me; adorable am I, and noble and just are you.
10 Drosophilus desires me, and his devotion is unfailing, an inspiration to me.
11 I require still more, that I might know without doubt that you adore me entirely, that no rival threatens us.
12 Let us walk in the vineyard, Drosophilus; let us be satisfied not with the fruit of the land, or with fine meat, but with the pleasure of each other's presence. Leave me no doubts, Drosophilus.
13 Endure with me; strengthen me in my time of weakness, console me in my time of pain, encourage me in my time of uncertainty, and delight in me in times of delight. Love me always, that I might love you in both difficult and wonderful times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home