12 March 2006

The Epic of Bo Pi: Chapter VIII

Bo Pi
1 I am deserving of great epics, penned by my beloved Drosophilus; I am worthy of adoration. None shall resent me; they shall revel in my beauty.
2 Seek me, Drosophilus; yield not in your pursuit, for you are just and handsome, deserving of my adoration. Endeavour, and take it.
3 Let your left arm hold me, as your right arm holds the sword to defend me.
4 Gathered maidens, I compel you with all my strength: beware of love, tempt it not; fear and respect it, for its power is terrific.

Friends
5 Who emerges from the wilderness, embracing her champion to draw from his strength?

Bo Pi
Blessed are your parents, who conceived you and protected you; blessed are they who gave you your unyielding will, who led you to endurance for my cause.
6 Stronger than death is love, and strong is your devotion; jealousy is unyielding, like the grave. Seal your love for me upon your soul, and let it be transparent, apparent to all. Let your devotion be seen, like blazing fire, like a mighty flame.
7 Let no water douse the flame of your devotion to my cause, Drosophilus; let neither lake nor river wash it away. Let neither coin nor precious stone distract you from your devotion to me, for I am jealous of all rivals.

Friends
8 Fear not, Drosophilus; endure, and let nothing distract you from this love, for she is both jealous and worthy of your just and mighty dedication.
9 She is worthy, Drosophilus, of your pen and your sword. Let both be mighty for her cause.

Bo Pi
10 Like a great fortress is my soul; none can enter unless I allow it, but for that man who shows that he will not yield, the reward is sufficient.
11 Let Drosophilus endeavour; let him proclaim my wonder and fairness without end.
12 Champion my cause, Drosophilus; labor for me, that I might know of your devotion and steadfast love.

Drosophilus
13 Let me hear your voice, Bo Pi. Relent, and approach, for I am ready to be your greatest champion.

Bo Pi
14 Endeavour, Drosophilus. Never relent, for the reward of victory is a sweeter taste than the bitter sting of defeat; for I move in mysterious ways, and no excitement you know will prepare you. Endure, Drosophilus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home