02 May 2006

A Simple Question

You know, I'm not in the mood to get terribly engrossed in a long and drawn out post about illegal immigration. I'm too hot and tired from a day of work to get too philosophical. I'll merely ask this one, simple question.

Why is it that Mexicans/Central Americans are too good to immigrate through legal channels?

Canadians, Brits, Pakistanis, Sudanese, these groups go through the proper procedures. America is a nation of immigrants. Everyone's family consisted of immigrants at one time or another, and the majority of them came here legally. All of my relatives came here legally over the course of several centuries. Suddenly Hispanics feel some sort of entitlement to legal status after having broken American laws for years and decades? Suddenly they feel that they're somehow better than other foreigners who apply for American citizenship or permanent residency and get it the legal way?

I call "shenanigans".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home