27 February 2007

A Few Things

Hey folks.

It looks as if I'm going to be unable to do Fly Reports for two reasons: I still can't get my computer up about 20k (normally I'm at least at 56k back at Zoo Station), and it appears that my keyboard is going. I can't reliably post numbers, parentheses, or any number of other standard characters. I'm considering getting a new laptop while I'm here, but that decision will have to wait untilI find out whether I owe Uncle Sam, the Democratic People's Republic of California, or Home State any taxes for the past year. If those three entities decide to leave me largely alone (and hopefully I'll know within a week or so), then I'll probably order it soon.

I finished Rainbox Six last night. It had a slightly intriguing plot, but overall I found it to be fairly simplistic reading, with unrealistic dialogue; I'm not saying Tom Clancy is a bad writer, because his storyline was intricate and impressive, but the writing itself didn't get me very excited, and I probably won't read any more of his non-fiction, at least not for awhile. This morning I started reading Guests of the Ayatollah, which I purchased a couple of months ago. I wanted to wait for the paperback to come out, but finally I broke down and forked over the full price at Barnes and Noble for the hardback.

There are several job listings that I've been looking at, and I plan to apply for several positions while I'm on deployment. I've been saying since I got to Zoo Station that I'd be there for at least one year, but no more than two, so the time to start feeling around for my next jump has arrived. It took me about six months from when I started applying for my current position until I actually started working here, so it's wise for me to start looking early, even if I don't interview for or take a job that's offered to me.

Well, I have some things to get taken care of before I call it an early night. I'll try to post some news within the next couple of days, but for now please continue enjoying Father Time's outstanding comedy posts, almost exclusively at my expense!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home