19 February 2008

Sick and Tired

The Fly's mighty power (sorry Ariadne, couldn't resist) doesn't allow him to get "sick", per se. The types of illness that would keep ordinary mortal men away from work merely make the Fly angry. I'm not so much "angry" right now, but I have a bit of a bug that's annoying me. It doesn't help that I haven't gotten a full night of sleep the last two nights running, but both times have been for good reason. Thus, I'm sick and tired, though differently than the singer Anastacia in this video for one of my favorite songs from my time in Engaland.



Too bad she never had widespread success over here. Every time I hear that, and a few other songs, I'm reminded of the summer of '04. I'll post the rest of those videos over the course of the rest of the week.

Long-time readers, some of whom will remember stories of Annoying Girl, will remember that I've been studying Arabic over the last couple of years. I'm trying to pursue it with renewed vigor lately, and as I was doing some research I came across an article about the Bismala. I found two items interesting in that article: the one about the Christian version (which I've learned to write and say), and the part about Queen. Go check it out.

Here's the second of three "lost episodes" of the Power Rangers, also hilarious.



I'm not sure if I've posted this, so if I did, I'll do it again. I've written several times about independent journalists Michael Yon and Michael Totten, both of whom either are or were in Iraq. These guys are worth listening to, even when I have differences of opinion with them (which is seldom). Those of you who follow my writing, if any, may remember my article about Saif al Islam al Qaddhafi. I've had a fascination with Libya for several years now, and Michael Totten has an article about his trip to Libya that's worth reading. Go have a look.

I don't know about my heart, but my arms sure feel achy breaky. I'd best get moving. Have a great Tuesday, folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home