13 April 2009

A Successful Failure

I had a fantastic weekend. My tech project didn't go quite the way I'd intended, due to about twenty hours of ScanDisk (that never actually got finished) and an ancient computer that doesn't seem to recognize the Ethernet card. As such, it's a work in progress. I did return that Ethernet cable and bought an external hard drive, which is a plus. I'm not sure that I'll have the opportunity to keep working on the whole thing this week, but hopefully the whole project can be brought to a close by the end of April.

The tech project took up all of Friday night and much of Saturday (despite the ScanDisk issue). On Saturday night, I had a great rally with M@, went to the Bier Garden with him and had some beer from the Orkney Brewery, and went to bed. Sunday was church, cooking, polishing boots, and a few other household tasks. All in all, an excellent, excellent weekend.

I have a couple of cool links to share today. According to an article in the London Times, someone's making a comic book that stars Barack the Barbarian versus Sarah Palin in a sort of ancient adventure epic. Hilarious. Also, Mighty Good Leader sent me this link, which gives a detailed flash animation documenting the construction chronology and individual components of the International Space Station. I personally think that the ISS is a joke and a waste of money, but the site's interesting, so check it out.

I leave you with your video for today: Chris Rock's video on how not to get the snot beaten out of you by the police.



Check in tomorrow, folks! Have a great Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home