16 May 2009

Great Success Saturday

Okay. Okay. Last week was horrible. Really, really horrible. I'm going to work on remediating that today (Saturday) by being exceptionally productive. So, as I've mentioned, and tried to post about, I have a number of projects that I've either started working on, or have intended to start working on. They are as follows.

  • record Fly Report metrics into a spreadsheet
  • record fuel card metrics (I keep all of the statistics on fueling my truck on note cards) into a spreadsheet
  • send gifts and a few donations in the mail
  • finish designing my future citadel (AKA Operation Casbah (قصبة‎))
  • revise my standard budget - I wound up doing a bit of this the other night in conjunction with the truck repair payments
  • clean out my closet/clean my flat/put up some posters
  • design my new website and archive
  • take the Blackwater Xe Bushmaster Carbine Armorer's course - that one may take a while now that I'm half-destitute
  • finish making Arabic flash cards (I could stand to make a few more, including a couple of phrase cards.)
  • purchase a bunch of stuff - most of which will have to wait now
  • synchronize my clocks and watches
  • install a home weather station
  • complete my computer project - maybe on hold while I get my external hard drive working again
  • build a bunch of model kits

    So, I'm going to see how many of these projects I can get tackled today - hopefully three or four, maybe more, in the morning and early afternoon. After that, I want to start on rebuilding that webpage and archive that's currently trapped on the external hard drive. Lacking the hard drive, I'll have to do it using a flash drive, where most of the files were originally stored.

    I also continue - slowly - to make Van Diemen's Station into a home away from home. Last weekend, I made the following purchases:

  • a Persianesque area rug ($59.98, Pier 1)
  • two throw pillows for my living room chairs ($22.95, $14.88, Pier 1)
  • three big cushions for the floor ($18.68, $29.95, $18.68, Pier 1) - in case you couldn't tell, I'm going for a Middle Eastern theme
  • a papasan footstool and cushion to allow me to put the other one back with the chair it matches ($23.98, $22.95, Pier 1)
  • a Crock Pot ($26.38, Target)

    When all was said and done, I spent $238.82. If today is as productive as I intend it to be, I'll get some posters up, and then I'll finally be able to take some pictures of this joint.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home