18 March 2005

Friday Morning Funny

God's proving that He still loves me, even though he's allowed me to be tempted and afflicted this term. How has He proven that He still loves me?

He gave me this story.

HAVANA, Cuba (Reuters) -- Cuban President Fidel Castro has criticized Forbes magazine for the "infamy" of listing him among the world's richest people, with a net worth of $550 million.

"Once again, they have committed the infamy of speaking about Castro's fortune, placing me almost above the queen of England," Castro said in a speech to top officials of Cuba's ruling Communist Party, military and police.

"Do they think I am (former Zairian President) Mobutu (Sese Seko) or one of the many millionaires, those thieves and plunderers, that the empire has suckled and protected?" he said in reference to his capitalist archenemy, the United States.

"What they should be doing is looking for the money of all those people," he said.

Gentle reader, fact is stranger (and funnier) than fiction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home