20 March 2005

Wasting Time

Today, around the world, a bunch of people who don't read the news pissed away their time by protesting a war that has had immense benefits to both Iraq and the neighboring region.

I saw a few of them in College City after I'd finished at the commissioning ceremony, where I saw three young men pledge to support and defend the Constitution of the United States by smiting America's enemies. Just looking at them, you know that if asked what their "profession" is, half of them would say "activist", and of the rest wouldn't have real jobs, either.

I suppose my philosophy on the subject is that my efforts, past and present, though they may be few and far between, to give those folks the right to protest to their hearts' content gives me justification to acknowledge that they're a bunch of ignorant twits who buy into whatever the Big Giant Hippy Head tells them. They have no clue how the real world works, they never will, and I have no qualms about determining domestic and foreign policy without consulting with them.

Anyway. Spooks isn't on tonight, so I'm actually going to bed now. G'night, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home