19 March 2005

Stranger than Fiction

After work tonight I went to the first of two weddings for this weekend. My friend Kelly, who I've done some theological study and discussion with (mostly during the last year, but it all started when we were fifteen) got married today, and the reception was tonight. Her sisters were there, two of whom I went to high school with, so I had someone to talk to. As a matter of fact, I hit it off with Mandy's husband, Rob. He works as a manager at a Starbucks franchise (my estimation is that he's more than just the schmuck who makes your overpriced cup of coffee).

Anyway, the highlight of the evening? I caught the garter. But wait, there's more!

There were two of us out on the floor. There were a good twelve or fifteen girls for the bouquet, but only two of us for the garter, and Kelly specifically summoned me. I think the groom actually aimed the thing at me. It landed at my feet, and I leaned down and picked it up.

Oh, and the clincher? Two words: Mormon wedding.

We'll see if I catch Mrs. Rampage's garter tomorrow; somehow, I think there will be more single guys, but we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home