21 February 2006

Answering Reader Questions

Well, here are my answers to today's questions.

My favorite Simpsons episode is the one where Bart joins a boy band, but it's really a covert project by the Navy to recruit people with subliminal messages. It guest starred N'SYNC (Mo and April, keep your fat mouths shut), and some folks on a message board who were in time zones ahead of mine told me that I absolutely had to watch it, so I skipped out on studying for my Human Sexuality class with a buddy to watch it. I still have it on tape.

I also loved the one where Homer was Mr. Burns' jester, and they were throwing pudding in the nuclear plant cafeteria. Homer throws it at Lenny, and one of my favorite lines follows:

Lenny: Ow, my eye! The doctor said I'm not supposed to get pudding in it!

Moving on to April's questions.

1) I'm more disturbed that people think that celebrities are worth paying attention to in the first place. Bennifer? Who cares! Let's pay attention to something more important, like last year's coup in Mauritania, or something else.

2) I couldn't be trusted with Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. Since I'm pretty much convinced that those Oompa Loompas (particularly the ones in the remake) aren't real people, I'd be taking pot shots at them with a scoped rifle. If I had to run it, though, I'd probably hire a general manager and spend all of my time in Kirkwall.

3) I'm a historian, and I've read Ecclesiastes, so I'd say that I tend to believe more in "the more things change, the more they stay the same". People do not act significantly different than they did three thousand years ago. There is nothing new under the sun.

Tune in next week for more answers to questions posed by sneaky_pete and April, and maybe even Mo-Licious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home