13 March 2006

The Fly: War Gamer?

Many of you will by now have read about my job opportunity. I have an update.

I got a call today at about 07:07 from a representative from Raytheon. She asked where I was currently living, and said that they could schedule a phone interview; she also apparently thought that I was in a different time zone than California; for the record, ladies and gentlemen, I'm Pacific Standard Time all the way. Anyway, my phone interview is set for Wednesday during the noon hour.

I also asked her how many people were applying for the position, and she said that there were six people who had made the cut for two positions. So, I suppose that gives me a thirty-three percent chance, but hopefully my qualifications and experience will exceed the qualifications and experience of at least four of the other applicants. As many of you know, I would be perfect for this job.

If you're the praying kind, I'd appreciate some prayer support. If you're a filthy atheist hippy... Well, send me some new age happy vibes or something. In the meantime, I have a little more than forty-eight hours to study those two Army field manuals.

Once more into the breach...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home