20 July 2007

The Safe Arrival

Hey folks! For those of you who didn't know yet, I've arrived safely in Virginia. I believe I've found digs, although I won't be able to start moving my stuff in and getting set up until Monday evening. That leaves several days with pretty much nothing to do. I'm considering breaking out the X-Box and going to town playing Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter.

I still have yet to determine a name for the new place, but I'm already trying to develop some plans. Like Zoo Station, it will be fairly spartan at first, as I establish my new budget and take care of various obligations. The area is good, with a number of shops very nearby, as well as quick interstate highway access to help me get to work. It's not quite as close to the office as I would have liked, but I think that this can be overcome with early starts; after all, I've been conditioned my whole life to get up early, so why stop now?

There are a couple of things I'm planning on doing differently here than I did in the desert. For one thing, I'm considering getting a dog; maybe a puppy, but I'm also thinking about adopting a shelter dog or something. I think that it would be a good way to meet people, and I tended to spend a lot time alone back at Zoo Station that I wouldn't have minded sharing. I'm also thinking about getting a few other new things, like a new computer, broadband access (I seriously need to join the twenty-first century on that one), and an mp3 player (but not an iPod; unlike Mighty Mo, I refuse to sell out on that one). I'm also committed to dedicating a substantial amount of my time to exercise and eating better, both of which should be facilitated by the consistent schedule of my new position... And would be further facilitated by having a dog that needed walking.

So, I'm curious. As many of you know me, either personally or from the blog, what breed of dog would you recommend?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home