20 February 2008

There's Nothing I Can Say

... A total eclipse of the... Moon!? Okay, this isn't about the Bonnie Tyler song. For those of you who don't generally check the Astronomy Picture of the Day, it's worth checking out today because it gives a bit of information about tonight's lunar eclipse. I'm going to attempt to have a look, and I hope you folks will at least have a look if you're able. I still remember the first one I saw when I was in the eighth or ninth grade, and using my little telescope to see Saturn right next to it.

Continuing one of two themes for this week, here's the lesser of two videos for "These Words" by Natasha Bedingfield, one of a number of songs that remind me of my time in Engaland. This, like yesterday's feature, was one of the songs that played incessantly over there, and that I heard almost no trace of over here. Very peculiar. The video's below, but due to disabled embedding (why would people even do that?), here's a link to the video I prefer.



For some reason, that one in particular reminds me of a girl I dated in 2007. I think it's a combination of her looking remotely like Natasha Bedingfield (tall, thin, long blonde hair) and me having purchased the album right around the time we were dating. At any rate, the other theme from this week has been parody videos of the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers by Chai Productions. Here's the third and final installment.



My hat really goes off to Tony and Paul Chai, the guys who made these videos with their friends. By the way, can anybody tell me what the ancient Nintendo reference is from? They turned what was a cheesy television series for kids into a really entertaining spoof. I look forward to seeing more movies from these guys as they post them.

I could go for a beer.

I'm going to try a new recipe this week or this weekend, assuming I can find the time. Some of you may remember that I started occasionally making Sharba Libya. I've been meaning to try Shepherd's Pie for a while now, and yesterday evening I bought at least most of the makings - included my very first glass pan. One thing that astonishes me, both with Rachael Ray's recipe and Shepherd's Pie that's served in restaurants, is that people will actually make it with beef. Yes, I realize that beef is wholly excellent, but shepherd's don't herd cattle. The "shep" part means sheep. I'll be making my version with lamb like a real man.

Okay, it's once again time for me to get ready for work. Stay safe, ladies and gentlemen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home