05 May 2009

Dienstagmorgenfliegezeitung

I love writing long, obnoxious post titles in German. I especially love Dienstagmorgenfliegezeitung. Anyway, not much time today, but here are a few items that I've collected over the last few days.

  • Take care of your feet when running or exercising (Times)
  • Ian Pannell in Afghanistan (BBC), John D. McHugh's video and commentary from Afghanistan (Guardian)
  • Hezbollah spy thriller grips Arab world (Guardian)
  • The world "must eventually stop emitting any carbon" (Times) - only if we stop breathing, which I don't intend to do!
  • Why Henry VIII Matters (Times Blog)
  • Why Kids Should be Learning about Kings and Queens (Times Blog)
  • Russian army scraps new uniforms (BBC), Japan to give $40M to dismantle Russian submarines (AFP)

    As usual, Michael Totten has an excellent article about the "Pashtunistan" factor in the AfPak war. I'm going to do something today that I almost never do: I'm sending money to Michael Totten. Friends are usually able to get money out of me, but I rarely donate to people whom I don't know directly. I'm sending Michael Totten fifty bucks. He's that good.

    That's probably sufficient for today. Stay out of trouble, folks.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home