17 May 2009

Partial Success Saturday

In my last post, I expressed my excitement at the prospect of improving my horrible week by being exceptionally productive on Saturday. I listed a number of projects I've been hoping to work on lately. I had a realistic expectation that I might accomplish some of the following.

  • record Fly Report metrics into a spreadsheet
  • record fuel card metrics (I keep all of the statistics on fueling my truck on note cards) into a spreadsheet
  • prepare gifts and some donations for mailing
  • revise my standard budget
  • clean out my closet and put up some posters in the living room
  • design my new website and archive
  • synchronize my clocks and watches
  • install a home weather station

    So, what did I actually accomplish?

    1) I unwrapped the home weather station; it requires nails for installation of the outdoor device, so I'll worry about that at a later date - maybe this week if I can find a hardware store.

    2) I consolidated some items to send to various places far afield, but I didn't do anything to prepare them.

    3) I worked on one of the many, many pages that will eventually make up my new webpage and archive. I'd say that the consolidation of my blog sidebar links, and my links and history links pages from my old webpage, is probably about eighty percent complete. The next step is reconstituting the HTML that's (temporarily?) locked onto my external hard drive. I didn't have the patience to handle reconstituting that HTML today, so I'll worry about it later.

    4) Having eaten nothing but Little Debbie snack cakes, a couple of granola bars, and a banana in the preceding thirty-six hours, I cooked. I made Lamburger Helper - Hamburger Helper Cheesy Italian Shells using ground lamb instead of ground beef. It was friggin' delicious. I also ran the dishwasher and did some other dishes, plus packaged up chicken thighs into plastic bags for use as quick grab defrostable dinner packets to throw on the countertop grill this week.

    5) I chatted with Themis, Goddess of Justice.

    6) As I write this, I'm on my second beer. First was a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, second is a Widmer Hefeweizen.

    Tomorrow is a new day, and I may be able to finish a few things up tomorrow as well. If I do, I'll make note of them, though it might not be until Monday's post, if there's a Monday post at all. On the plus side, Saturday has been marginally better than the rest of the week was.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home