25 July 2007

Old Commonwealth: Day 7

Hey folks!

I'm still not up and running at the house yet. On Monday I was finally able to move into a one bedroom flat. The rent is a bit steeper than it was back at Zoo Station (still no name for the new place, but that should come soon), but there are a few perks that weren't available back there: a washer and drier, a dishwasher, a fireplace, just to name a few. I'm twenty-one miles from work, which is half what I drove from Zoo Station to my old job; and that was often seven days a week!

I've been on a spending rampage, ordering a laptop, buying a SanDisk mp3 player (and yes, April, buying an iPod might offer a few more features, but for me it would be selling out, just like it was when Mo bought one), and plenty of clothes for the new job. Because I'm paranoid about money, I'm not buying furniture quite yet; that may come in a few weeks, but for now my hammock chair and a stool will do. That's right: the cot got binned before I left Barstow. As for a dog, I'll be holding off for a while, but I'm still considering it very strongly; the advice of both Father Time (or is it FatherTime66?) and Mighty Mo is well taken.

The job is fine; very confusing and frustrating at the beginning, but I have high hopes that within a few weeks I'll have settled into an acceptable niche that will last for the duration. Overall, I think that it's very likely that the conditions of this position will be better than the conditions at my last job, on several levels.

Once I get the laptop up and running, and make a decision on my Internet coverage at the house, I'll be back on regularly, and post a few pictures from the last few weeks. That includes pictures from Dallas and Indiana, both of them stops on my cross-country road trip, as well as the travel details of that trip. Until then, I once again leave responsibility for posting in the able hands of Father Time.

Most excellently,
The Fly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home